Sunday, September 1, 2013

A Couple of Weeks Ago









Byron & I went back a week later by ourselves and did more than this--we knew what we were doing the second time.  There is STILL a LOT of WORK left!!!  Saturday we're going to have a YSA activity and work on this garden and one other one.  It's quite an Adventure!

We had a great day at church today.  A lady came into Relief Society and sat with another sister.  At the end of the class I was talking to her and found out that she had just walked into the church because she was looking for a church and she had seen ours several times.  She said she was praying to find a church and she was directed to ours today.  We had a Great lesson in Sunday School.  We have an outstanding teacher.  She participated.  I introduced her to the missionaries before Sacrament Meeting (our Sacrament is last) and they took over.  I think she really enjoyed being there today.  She said she would come back next week with her husband and son.  She is from Nigeria and very classy.  She just moved to Gravesend from London.  I was having trouble with her name and she just said to call her MJ. (She hasn't come back--we're all disappointed.)  By the way I am playing the piano in RS & Sacramento Meeting--at least I have been the last two weeks. (Our first two weeks.) Still am.

Today Tuesday August 20, 2013 (I think) we went to COSTCO.  Hazel Jacobsen in our ward was kind enough to take us as we don't have a car.  She brought her son David, who is 14 and a very nice boy.  It was interesting going to COSTCO in England.  I was Hoping to get a few things that we can't get in the stores.  I was lucky and bought 10 lbs. of chocolate chips.  You can't buy them in the stores over here.  I was Hoping for some C&H brown sugar, but alas, it wasn't there.  The brown sugar over here isn't the same as home.  It's much dryer.  I think they just pour molasses over it.  They still had some great things and we were grateful to Hazel for taking us.  We went to Subway after.
Afterwards we went and visited a member of our ward whose husband is very ill.  She is a school teacher and it was good to visit with her.  She and Hazel are good friends.

I am still trying to play catch up from not having internet.  I will write more later--I have a story about the DOGS!!!

By for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment